Clock tower over entrance to terminal of Tacna to Arica railway , Tacna , Peru
The Tacna to Arica railway was built by the British Arica & Tacna Railway Co and opened in 1856. The company's 99 year operating concession was unaffected when Arica and Tacna became Chilean territory after the War of the Pacific. At the end of the concession in 1955 the Peruvian government took over the ownership. The line is 62km long, uses standard 1435mm gauge and is not connected to any other rail network.
Photograph ID: Tacna_2010D6
Photo © James Brunker, Magical Andes Photography. To purchase a licence please select an option using the Rights-Managed reproduction licence button above, for more details about licencing please visit: https://www.magicalandes.com/image-licencing
Model Release: No
Property Release: No
Photograph size: 20.5 Mpixels (58.7 MB uncompressed) - 5547x3698 pixels (18.4x12.3 in / 47.0x31.3 cm at 300 ppi)